Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Approved!

After completing the preliminary projects (ex. The Silver Award or 2 GS Journey Projects) and picking a topic and project, girls have to schedule their Gold Proposal interview with their local Girl Scout Council.

At this meeting, Council members will ask the Girl Scout questions about her Silver Award/Journeys and about the Gold Award project she wants to do.

After about a year of hard work,  I finally got my official Gold Proposal interview date scheduled! I was pretty nervous, though.

 The approval process was a little nerve-racking at first. I was nervous about how Council would receive my project. When I got to the approval meeting, though, I realized that I had nothing to worry about! All of the women there were so nice and encouraging! They had many ideas to contribute, and helped me to plan out my project. I was able to answer all of their questions about my past projects in Girl Scouting, as well as about my proposed Gold Award project.

The meeting actually turned out to be alot of fun! My Gold Award Councilor was right when she said I would know how to answer all of the questions.

 My Project Goal: My overall goal is to promote Girl Scouting and to get more girls to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment