Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From Brainstorming to Approval :)

It took a lot of thinking and a lot of hard work! But after a few months, I had decided on a project that would be both enjoyable and helpful within the community.

My Gold Award Councilor and I thought long and hard about project ideas that would benefit the community and that would be sustainable. We started out by listing community issues that could be addressed.

I knew that I definitely wanted to do something that involved the 100th Birthday of Girl Scouting (2012).

We started talking about the lack of Girl Scout interest in the town and community parades and in other functions.

I felt that more girls should be involved in such events to show the community how much spirit Girl Scouts have, as well as how many of us there are.

And so, I decided that I wanted to build a parade float to motivate more Girl Scouts to attend parades and events. The float would also show off our organization and would encourage more girls and families to become a part of the Girl Scouting community.

No comments:

Post a Comment