Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Hope that everyone had an AWESOME Thanksgiving! :D
I know I did!
We all have so much to be Thankful for-good family, friends, 100 years of Girl Scouting...

Last Friday, my Girl Scout troop got together and decorated brown paper shopping bags. The shopping bags were filled with Thanksgiving meals for the needy on Thursday :) It felt so good to help others and brightened someones day with a few drawings and decorations! This is a running tradition within my troop-we all get together for a meeting and we decorate bags with markers, eat pizza and talk a lot. My troop rocks! Love you girls! <3

Here's a pic of one of my bags:

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Yes, one of my pilgrims has bell-bottom jeans...that was unintentional. :D

Another craft that I did with some friends for fun over the break-making hand turkeys!
We didn't go with the usual hand-traced turkeys. No, we painted all over our hands and then slapped them down against a piece of paper! :)
It was alot of fun and I recommend that you use this craft with your troop next year before Thanksgiving! It may be a bit messy, but the results are worth it! I'll post a picture of our turkeys below:




All you need is a little paint, paper, some paint brushes, and plenty of paper towels! :)
Hope you like them!

Once again, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, love, and plenty of food! Have a great rest of the break!

~Gold Girl Allie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment